Sunday, October 2, 2011

'As the Scarecrow Flies'

So this has been something I've wanted to do for many years. I didn't really think I had enough to write about but in these last couple of years I seem to have collected plenty of material. I figured I'm going to be by myself on my next adventure so why not invite you all along whilst I document my travels and thoughts. When it comes down to social networks I wouldn't say I'm a huge fan. I do take full advantage of sharing photos and comments with friends and family but I like to have control of what is published on the web! This seemed like a sensible way to share my thoughts and experiences with those of you who actually are interested in reading my posts. Eliminating those who were just some guy I once knew at school and thought it was only polite to add me as a friend. I'd like to say I am 100% dedicated to writing this blog but I tend to loose interest in things pretty quickly so please don't hold your breath! I will give it a go and see what comes of it.

My new adventure is taking me back to a place I wasn't sure I'd return to... Cruising. And not the kind you do in your car around a red light district but out at sea onboard Princess Cruise Line. The name of my ship is the 'Ruby' and its passenger capacity is 3400 guests! I will be joining the cast as a replacement and will be onboard for the next 5 months! At this very moment I am waiting for my medical results to come back and when they do I shall be flying to Europe to join the ship. I will slowly be placed into the shows so I probably won't have much time in the ports but I'm flat broke so it's really ok. Then starting in November I will be porting out of Ft. Lauderdale and cruising the Eastern and Western Caribbean.

Sadly my girlfriend Allison (who is a Singer on the 'Grand Princess') will never get a chance to dock with me in the same port!! So frustrating as we are going to be cruising the same islands but not on the same schedule! I thought at least we would be porting together...but no! Not only is it hard enough being on a ship by your self but your loved one is in the same stretch of sea and you can never see her! Luckily I have a Dry-Dock scheduled for December (meaning they take the ship out of the water and do a routine maintenance check) it's for 10 days and we can either stay on the ship and get paid to do nothing or we can disembark but not get paid. So I am jumping at the chance to go spend a week with my girl for only $15 a day. I'm flying from Miami to the island Curacao and will board her ship from there. (no pun intended) So at least we will have a week to spend with one another right before Christmas. That's something to look forward to.

Well that's my quick and easy update for you all. Check back soon for photos and more stories.
Wish Me Luck.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Ads, am I the first to post a comment!! Love this so so much, brilliant name, couldn't have thought of anything better. Can't wait to keep up dated with you daily thoughts, and remember you will never be alone, dad will always be with you! love you always Emma, mizpah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ax, awesome name and of course you know I will be stalking you now via your blog:) Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi it's Rebecca! First of all lovely scarecrow reference. Also, I understand fully what you're going through. Doing this six month bout by myself w brief visits and a dry dock. Thank god I can sign ppl on. Do we know if we dock together yet? You've got an understanding support here if u ever need someone to talk to. Miss u love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog Adam! Wish I had had the dedication to do this for our trip!

    Hope the journey goes real well and you have an amazing experience. Lou Dufty x

    ReplyDelete